Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Windows integrated security is not working for SQL Server

When using the Qlik Sense server product, I am getting an error when trying to connect to SQL Server using Windows Integrated security via OLEDB.  Does anyone know why this is happening?  It works ok if I type in a database user/password.

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

My guess is that the service account that the Qlik Sense service runs as is not known and/or authorized to the SQL Server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

i agree.  If you were using desktop it would connect with your own credentials.  On the server it will use the service account that runs the 'engine service' i believe.

Rakesh_HB
Support
Support

For those who are checking this blog in 2022, the requirements are mentioned here:

OLE DB data connection settings 

• Windows integrated security: With this option, you use the existing Windows credentials of the user running the Qlik Sense service.
Rakesh HB

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

My guess is that the service account that the Qlik Sense service runs as is not known and/or authorized to the SQL Server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

i agree.  If you were using desktop it would connect with your own credentials.  On the server it will use the service account that runs the 'engine service' i believe.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Nilesh,

Both Jonathan and Gysbert are correct in their thinking.

You need to take a look at the credentials that the Engine service is started with

That ID should be the ID that is authorized to use M SQL.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help and quick responses.  This is confirmed as correct!

Rakesh_HB
Support
Support

For those who are checking this blog in 2022, the requirements are mentioned here:

OLE DB data connection settings 

• Windows integrated security: With this option, you use the existing Windows credentials of the user running the Qlik Sense service.
Rakesh HB
varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Michael,

I would like to know why Windows Integrated Security Connection not making connection string in Qliksense with given Data Source Name (XYZ) which I can able to access from MS SQL Server Management Studio.
But getting Test Unsuccessful while connecting from different providers with given data source name.
please help me out on this.
I would like to know more details on this issue

Note : I have checked in my SSMS that the properties are same as your above mentioned screenshots, The ID that is authorized to use MSQL.

Please reply me back

varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

I would like to know why Windows Integrated Security Connection not making connection string in Qliksense with given Data Source Name (XYZ) which I can able to access from MS SQL Server Management Studio.
But getting Test Unsuccessful while connecting from different providers with given data source name.

Please reply me back

varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Please reply me back

varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Please reply me back