Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Limit filter by Dimension Value

Hopefully this explanation will make sense.

I have a bar chart with a dimension that has 4 values. 

I also have a filter called Program Type and several other filters.

Specifically when the Program Type filter is used I do not want one of the dimensions to update.  I do want the other 3 dimensions to update.  All other filters will affect all of the dimensions. 

I want the dimension 'Pending Nurse Screening' to not react to this filter.  Again, I do want the other three dimension values to react when the filter is picked. 

This is a very simple bar chart and the filter is based on a field in the data.

If this doesn't make sense I will happily provide more information.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Could you check for the specific dimension values ?  Simple example below.  How many values do you need to check ?

if(   Field=value1 or Field=value2,   sum( {$<Field=>}  Amount) ,  sum( Amount) )

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Kindly share sample document or apps.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I really am talking about something very basic here. 

How to have a filter that does not affect all of the dimensions in a bar chart.  I see how to use Set Analysis to limit the affect a filter has on an expression.  So I can turn the filter off for the entire chart.  That is not what I want.

I only want to turn the filter off for specific dimension values and have it be active for others.

So take any simple bar chart with one dimension based on a field with a simple expression that does a count.  And a filter based on some field in the database.

Not applicable

Is 'Pending Nurse Screening' a value within your dimension field?  Or is it the field name?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Could you check for the specific dimension values ?  Simple example below.  How many values do you need to check ?

if(   Field=value1 or Field=value2,   sum( {$<Field=>}  Amount) ,  sum( Amount) )

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

This was great.  It put me on the right path. 

I actually did what you recommended but only checked for the one value that I did not want to change from the filter and had the other values default to the else in the expression. 

Worked like a charm.

Thanks