Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

aggr function performance problem

Hi,

I am hitting a strange performance issue with the app  I am working on and can not figure out why qlikview is performing the way it does. I have attached a sample application with a slice of my data. I have only included one expression in the sample app (the one with the issue).

Things start to get slow when I reload about 3M rows. By the time I load more data (~5M rows), the app just hangs  on the chart  (displaying the progress bar on the chart)  while calculating the following expression

=count(aggr(memb_id,memb_id, service_date_id, service_type))

when the app freezes, windows stops responding too and the only way out is a hard reboot. I am running this on a laptop with 8gig of ram, however, when i upload the app to our server (96gig memory) same problem is observed.

Please take a look and maybe someone can spot an issue. Does the aggr function just rolls over for larger data sets? I have used the aggr function in other apps but never have seen this qlikview perform like this.

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob for your help. Yes, this alternative expression runs much faster. My app does not freeze and it actually completes the calculation now which is a step in the right direction. However, depending on how much data is sliced by the user from the dim filters, it could take up to a minute or longer to complete.

Do you, or any one else on this forum has other ideas I could build on this?

to reiterate again what the chart is suppose to do:

it is suppose to count and return number of groups in the data set expressed by the following expression:

Count(DISTINCT memb_id & service_date_id & service_type)

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this in script

Data:

load

autonumberhash256( memb_id & '_' &  service_date_id & '_' & service_type)  AS Key

memb_id,

service_date_id,

year,

month,

service_type,

amount,

cust_id,

location_type,

age,

cust_type

from

mydata.qvd

(qvd) where service_type  = '97001';

KeyCount:

LOAD

DISTINCT Key,

1 AS KeyCount

RESIDENT Data;

Now you can use Sum(KeyCount) as expression in your charts to calculate the key count.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Very clever solution. The worst calculation now takes less than 5 seconds which is acceptable.

Thanks for your reply.