Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Integrating QDF with a project management tool (like Redmine, for instance)

Hi there,

I was trying to find out if there is an option of integrating QDF with a project management tool (perhaps an online and open-source one, like Redmine) that would allow PM and client to track the activity of a team of Qlik developers, but couldn't find anything in the documentation.

Any suggestions where should I look deeper ?

Tx a lot

Sempre fi,

Cotiso

5 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Fredrik, when using version control I recommend using the external editor Sublime with syntax highlighting add-on InQlikTools http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-6033#comment-19191. and Subversion add-on (TortoiseSVN). With QDF it's easy to code, reuse and maintain Qlik scripts (qvs) outside of QlikView. Redmine is then attached to the Subversion Repository. Hope that this helps.

Regards

Magnus

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Magnus,

Thank you for the fast reply.

Honestly speaking,  I was hoping for a deeper and direct integration.

Here is an example:

a developer who has finished his rework on a container and wants to promote it to testing, just changes a variable in his project and the container is moved (during next macro or reload execution). In the mean time Redmine knows the development job is done and notifies the assigned tester

Sempre fi,

Cotiso

PS: even a further detailed approach could be useful, assuming we are getting closer to the requirements and specs management area

PPS: I wasn't sure at the beginning if your answer was for me, since I don't know any Fredrik around me. 😉

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Cotiso, I've just written a document regarding Integrated development environment (Qlik scripts and version control) there is a side note regarding Redmine in the document.

Cheers

Qlik IDE Development environment.pdf

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Tx Magnus for coming back. I really appreciate all your work in the community. Will try to look deeper into this.

Not applicable

Thank's Magnus.

I'm looking for an IDE for Qlik.  I appreciate your document.

Mario