Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

MaxReceivedMessageSize

Hello

Got a task that distributes a document it was working properly until I added a new filed to the selected fields in the reduction tab:

I started getting the following error:

3/2/2015 11:21:32.0141064 Error Exception=System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: DSC did not respond to request.
Last exception (for http://altqlikview:4730/DSC/Service😞 The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (262144) has been exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriate binding element. ---> System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (262144) has been exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriate binding element. ---> System.ServiceModel.QuotaExceededException: The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (262144) has been exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriate binding element.

I went to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service

and edited teh QVManagementService.exe.config file and increased the number 262144 to 2621440 (of course after stopping the management service)

but I still get the same error

Please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

All our services has support for this config setting (but it's only Management Service has it in it's config file as default).

So the question is in which log you see the error and change it on the involved service. If you are not sure; I'd recommend to add the setting to all services (makes sense to have the same limit thoughout the services).

You need to restart a service after changing it's setting.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

All our services has support for this config setting (but it's only Management Service has it in it's config file as default).

So the question is in which log you see the error and change it on the involved service. If you are not sure; I'd recommend to add the setting to all services (makes sense to have the same limit thoughout the services).

You need to restart a service after changing it's setting.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

well yes I'm not sure which service is involved here

so I add this config setting to all services' config file following the same syntax as in the config file of the management service?

I can walk on water when it freezes
Not applicable

Yes. Same syntax.