Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Suppress identical dimension values in straight table

For layout reasons I would like to suppress identical dimension values in a straight table if they are shown one below the other.

As an example like in the table below the country names should only appear in the rows of their first occurence (1st, 4th, 7th).

table1.jpg

11 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Use a pivot table to get this effect easily.

Or if you need a straight table, open the chart properties -> dimensions -> expand the Country dimension and edit the expression for the 'text color'

to conditionally show a transparent color use the argb() function with '0' as the first parameter:

EX:

=if( RowNo() <> 1, argb(0,125,125,125))

Capture.PNG

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Try Using a Pivot Chart instead

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

There are advantages in using a straight table that you might not want to lose.

try changing the color to white if the above(dimension field)=dimension field

Just a trick

Not applicable
Author

Thanks to all, the tricks with the "rowno()" as well as the "above()" work fine and do suppress the correct rows.

Unfortunately, however, as soon as I incorporate those functions QV will somehow ignore my second sort priority. The objective is to display all records within a group (i.e. the rows with identical dimensional values) in a descending order based on a (rather complex) calculated measure.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

this reminds me a little of a bug we had in some previous version.

what version are you using?

Not applicable
Author

I am using QlikView for Windows Desktop Version 11.20.12742.0 SR10

(Free version, since I am still evaluating, downloaded about one month ago from qlik.com)

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

that is the latest one.

Can you post a sample app?

Not applicable
Author

Pls find attached a sample app. I hope you can open it because until now I am working with the free desktop Version.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

unfortunately it looks like the bug is still there....

even in SR10