Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue using UDC

Hello,

I am a new QlikSense customer and have the server application installed on its own VM with the License for 25 tokens installed correctly. When I attempt to create any type of UDC I get the errors:

-User Directory Connector is not configured...

-User Directory Connector is not operational.

Obviously this means something during the initial setup process was not configured correctly. My hope is that someone with some experience with this error can point me in the right direction as I cant seem to find any related troubleshooting posts, or anything in reference to this error. I have seen that there should be an error log of some sort in the "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log" but There is no Log folder in this location and no log file in any of the other folders that i can find.

Thanks,

Justin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Justin,

It was nice working with you. For others viewers to know, the issue was that the Excel ODBC driver wasn't installed, after installing the driver all worked perfectly.

You can find the excel drivers here:
Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Cent...

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi gno - is this something you can work with Justin on?

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Giuseppe_Novello

Sure!

Justin,

Since I can tell you have a Qlik Sense license ( I would believe you have a maintenance agreement with us Support) . Can you please open a support ticket to Support@qlik.com, it would be easier and confidential to shared logs and images, etc.

Best Regards,

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Giuseppe_Novello

Justin,

It was nice working with you. For others viewers to know, the issue was that the Excel ODBC driver wasn't installed, after installing the driver all worked perfectly.

You can find the excel drivers here:
Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Cent...

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

Hi Giuseppe / Justin,

I am also having same issue with UDC.

When tried to install "AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe" in my Windows server 2012 R2, it was showing message as there is a 32 bit software is already installed hence it can't be processed.

Can you please let me know if we have 32 bit software installed, this problem still occurs, is it mandatory we should replace this with 64 bit?.

Please advise.

I am attaching download file screenshot & installation error screenshot

AccessDatabase Installation error.JPG

AccessDatabaseEngine_Download.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Hello Chenna,

I had a similar issue when installing my AccessEngine, Just go to Control Panel > Programs and Features on your server and uninstall the AccessDatabaseEngine, then once its finished, install the version you have in your image above. Once I did that it worked fine for me.

-Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Justin,

Sorry I could not reply to the message on installing Access Database engine due to some other priorities.

I have tried uninstalling Access Database engine from programs and features but I could not find that there, then I tried again to install the software, but it still showing the same message.

Can you advice where else I can search whether it is installed already?

Thank you

Chenna