Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dual Function in expression

Hi All,

I have used the dual() function in chart's expression, however, the chart show all the original value in data point not what I want by using dual. Could any one please help to tell why the dual function could not work?

Thanks.

Jelly

12 Replies
kiranmanoharrode
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Jelly,

Use sorting under sort tab,

Regards,

Kiran

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Can you post sample app

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Can you please explain how you are using the dual() function, what the data is you are trying to combine and what output you are expecting? Thank you.

Colin-Albert

Dual combines a text and numeric value in a single field.

The data is returned as the text value but is sorted using the number by default.

A simple example are month names.

The text data is January, February... December but the data is sorted by month number 1.2... 12

dual(text_value, numeric_value) as filed_name

How are you using Dual and what result do you expect?

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Sorry for the sample delay. The following is the chart that I have. But I do not want to have the chart like this.

First I load the data:

LOAD * INLINE [

CustomerOrig, Customer,CustomerOrder,LabelOff

A.cus, A,1, A

B.cus, B,2, B

C.cus, C,3,  C

D.cus, D,4, D

E.cus, E,5, E

F.cus, F,6,  F

G.cus, G,7,  G

H.cus, H,8,  H

I.cus, I,9,  I

J.cus, J,10,  J

K.cus, K,11,  K

L.cus, L,12,  L

M.cus, M,13,M

];

I use dual() in expression.

Dual(If(year =2009,LabelOff,''), count(customer)*100/count(total <year> customer))

And my dimention is : 1.year 2. CustomerOrder.

Then I click the 'show value on data point' and the dual function could not work......

Jelly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I hope to be proven wrong but I don't think this method works if the bars are created by the dimension..in this case customer order.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for missing some information. In the load data table, variable 'customer' is the key variable which linked to the main table. So I think the customer dimension is still ok....

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

A dual is actually a number with a custom text representation. The option is show the value on the data points, so it is displaying the numeric value, not your text representation. I am not sure what output you are trying to get, but I am not sure if its possible with an area chart.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can dual() be used to show the text?