Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

AJAX client once again - settings of objects not applied

Hi,

[sorry, I have actually already posted this, but it is at the end of a rather longish thread, with a few posts by myself in front which makes the whole thing a bit difficult]

I have quite a simple problem:

=> For one new app I have developed, there are two hourglasses (text_boxes with a jpg as background) and a number of "balls"

inside (text_boxes that I have set to be circular via the "rounded corners" functionality in the dialog (radius relative, set to 100%)

<=> This setting is seemingly ignored by the AJAX client: The users of our apps all view them via the browser (IE) currently and it

doesn't seem to work: In the Browser, all the text_boxes were squares again.

Is there some setting that has to be adjusted so that changes of that kind are reflected in AJAX?

Otherwise, we might have to revisit the installation of the client on that machine, which will be problematic because it is rather old and I'm not sure that QlikView would be very performant there - it might be possible for just this one app if I keep it small, but then they'd have two methods to view QlikView_apps and I foresee some measure of confusion there ...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: They have IE 8 - maybe a newer version would do this?

P.P.S.: Nope - I have IE9 here and it's the same - in the AccessPoint I see the apps with the round text_boxes - but once I actually open it, they are square.

Their machine has 3 Ghz and barely 1 GB of RAM. That seems quite critical for installing the QlikView_client. Can any of you tell me any particulars about that?

P.P.S.: Can you tell me which version of the client that machine is most likely to support? It doesn't have to be the most current one - any version that will support those enhanced object_settings will do I guess. There is, after all, no question of editing the app on that machine, but only displaying it.

13 Replies
Not applicable

well, simply use fixed and input something like 1000 pt.
This will work .. perhaps need to wait a bit for the server and web server to get the updated source.
Clearing cache might be necessary, too.

Why .. unfortunately not all settings are communicated to the application layer that sends the data to the web client.
For that value there seems to be a default value in case no fixed radius is provided.

You need to file a bug to get this fixed.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

OK, I'll try.

There seems to be another mayor problem, though: If I understood you correctly, you said that this functionality is in IE9 and newer - so it's not in IE8, right?

But Win_XP, which the teams on the shopfloor have on their machines, does not support IE9 if I remember correctly ... That would mean it cannot be done at all.

IT is just telling me that the replacement of the old OS with a newer one is scheduled - but that makes a replacement of the hardware necessary as the old machines won't support Win_7, and thus the answer to whenever that is going to happen is - 42 😉

So I guess I'll go thinking of an alternative way to visualize this.

Not applicable

yes, XP is not supported.
And IE8 does not support rounded corners at all.

So either use another browser or upgrade or don't rely on rounded corners.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks!

I'll go for #3 😉

Another browser is not allowed on our machines, and an upgrade is scheduled - but for when, I have no idea.

I cannot wait that long, however, so I'll just have to think of an alternative way of visualizing that.

Best regards,

DataNibbler