Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select a field for only a single visualisation?

Hi guys,

Is there any way I am able to select a field for only a single visualisation?

For example, I have a table and a bar chart on the same page. The table has a drill-down dimension which goes by

Year > Month > Level 1 > Level 2 > Level 3

So in my table I can view the data of Level 3 for a specific month (eg. December).

However, on my bar chart I use the Month dimension as I want to view the trend of the amounts while the table shows me Level 3 for the selected Month (eg. Table shows me December amounts while bar chart shows me July to December trend).

My problem is that when I drill-down to Level 3 on the table I've already filtered out the other months and can no longer view these on the bar chart at the same time (eg. can only view December, instead of July to December)

Is there any way around this?

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the many replies in such a short time but I am having some strange problems which I'll try to explain as best I can.

For my 'YTD Target' I am using a formula to aggregate each of the month values to determine how much has gone into that level from July to whatever month I select.

rangesum(above(SUM({<[Fiscal Month]=>}[Month Target]), 0, [Fiscal Month]))

This works fine in tables and charts when the only dimension is 'Fiscal Month', but when I add in a drill-down dimension (including Fiscal Month as a drill), the amounts don't aggregate.

Another problem is that when I click on a month, the bar chart which uses 'YTD Target' stops displaying data, but the bar chart which uses 'Month Target' remains unaffected.

chart1.png

chart2.png

I believe the error occurs when I use a drill-down dimension with a rangesum expression.

I'm thinking I may have to ditch the drill-down to solve this issue, unless you guys have any other way around it.

Edit:

I should also add that the values in my YTD Target column in the table don't aggregate when the drill-down is in the same table.