Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Custom directory ?

Hello everyone,

We want to give access to the Access Point to some external users.  The network team is willing to make the url of access point accessible to them but they don't like the idea of creating them an AD account.

Currently we have Small Business Edition but we are going to upgrade to Enterprise Edition. I have read that with the Enterprise Edition license, we could use a custom directory. But what is it exactly ? How do I use it ? how do I allocate cal ?

All the information you have about that would be usefull.

Thank you for your help

Have a good day.

Laura

5 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

1. u can create/provide access to external users by listing on those users in custom directory.

2. go to custom directory on QEMC and create entry for custom user

3. allocate call to those user

4. pass those details to ur custom user and ask him to use with same login details.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Shiva

And then, when you use custom directory, can use section access to do handle data security ?

With NTNAME, I can use "Domain\laura", can I use with NTMAME  "custom\laura" as well ?

Also, I think Publisher is mandatory to use this functionnality ?  And then with Publisher, do I automaticaly have the webpage :

https://Myserver/qlikview/login.htm

or do I have to parametrise ?

Thank you

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

And then, when you use custom directory, can use section access to do handle data security ? ---> hopes not possible,section access will apply at the time of application data loading but it's not possible with custom directory.

With NTNAME, I can use "Domain\laura", can I use with NTMAME  "custom\laura" as well ? ---> same as above

Also, I think Publisher is mandatory to use this functionnality ? ---u mean for CD--- NO NEED,

And then with Publisher, do I automaticaly have the webpage : ---->SAME WEB PAGE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As an aside, if the QV Web Server is on a LAN, the I would create second QV Web Server in the DMZ.  Both of them being serviced by the single (or more if you cluster) QlikView server on the LAN.

Otherwise a direct link from the Internet going straight through to a LAN is security risk.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shiva,

In a company, we have Small Business Edition (without Publisher). I created a custom user. But then when I go to access point, I must use my AD account to log in, (because I first need to log to the qv server).

How can I do to access to the access point with my custom account ?

In another company (where we already se custom directory), we have to go to another link to use custom account where we cannot use AD account. 

But I cannot find this other link to use custom account...

How can I do ?

Thank you