Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arockiyaselvana
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Empty space between object when screen size reduced

Hi All,

I am working on an app which is for Mobile Screen primarily. The problem (I am not sure) is when i reduce the Screen size, there is empty space between the two objects. Can you advise how can we remove that space or is this normal

For Example, In full screen editing, I placed the objects as below.

MS1.JPG

But When I change the QS screen size to Mobile, it looks like below.

MS2.JPG

3 Replies
Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Space used by individual objects in small screen mode is something we are constantly trying to improve. However, in your case, there is a simple solution that will render your desired layout.

Instead of the layout of using 4 different filter pane objects in a row, i suggest you use one filter pane object with 4 different dimensions (Filter pane objects can accept more than one dimensions see: http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/FilterPane/FilterP...).

In this case, in the edit mode on the desktop, your object would like as follows:

On a small screen device, this renders rather nicely (there is still some space at the end of that object, but its much better than before)

Regards,

Vinay

arockiyaselvana
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your prompt response. The above solution is working perfectly for the dimension objects. Is there any kind of solution available for the space between two charts as well. Can you please help to clarify.

Regards,

Arockiya.

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi Arockiya,

At the moment, there is no control available to developers for customizing space between objects. Each individual object has it's own footprint on the sheet depending on how much size the object identifies it needs to render properly. The Algorithm used for this is constantly being worked upon.

This (better control over the grid in small screen mode) is something we will offer in the product some time in the future, just cannot commit to a time.

Regards,

Vinay