Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't Apply Server Setup in QMC

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this rather frustrating issue.

Whenever we try to apply settings under System > Setup for our QV server, we get an Unhandled Error (An unhandled error occurred: The requested name is valid but no data of requested type found).

We also get the same error when trying to look at our QVWS via the Setup pane (The web server is running fine and responding to access requests etc outside of QMC).

We've had this issue since before I worked here and have just accepted it, due to being rather overloaded with more important issues, but we now need to make important changes to our setup.

Hoping an expert here will have a working solution, as, thus far, no solutions researched have been successful! The issue apparently arose from an entirely fresh install on a new server, back in 2013.

Thanks again 🙂

Jenn

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ok,

Change the QMC back to port 4750 and stop the QlikView Webservice. Go to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer and rename config.xml to config.xml.old.

Restart the QlikView webservice and it should generate a new config.xml. Check the QMC and see if it is working correctly.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Is the account that is running the Qlik Service an member of the local server Administrator Group? If not add it and restart all the services.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What version of QlikView Server are you running? Some of these anomalies have their origin in software "issues" and may be resolved only by installing a later/newer version of the server software...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill, thanks for responding 🙂

Have checked and Administrator was in the local group - I added in the network administrator, restarted all services, still the same message being displayed.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

We are currently running Server 11.20.12018.0 (64-bit)

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would expect the administrator to be there. What I am asking is if the service account is.

1.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

For these services, we log on as either *BUSINESSNAME*\administrator, for the QlikView Distribution Service, or .\administrator for the rest (afaik these both yield the same resulting admin access?

Thanks 🙂

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Jenna,

I have seen this before with one of my customers. They had added a Webserver to the configuration that was no longer there. Check under QlikView Web Services to make sure all web servers are active.

Not applicable
Author

It looks as though the Url is wrong in the QVWS@ server:

QMC connects on 4780, but the Web Server connects on 4750, is this what you mean?

When I switch it to 4780 we get the orange bar saying QVWS@ is down. changing settings in System now gives a new error of:

A cluster node was added, please enter the control number

Is this progress...?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Well, it is a start. The correct port is 4750 (http://lab10:4750/QVWS/Service). With what you posted it appears there is an issue with the Webserver. Are you running IIS or QVWS? If you are running IIS is the QlikView setting service installed and running?