Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Text on Straight Gauge Chart

Anyone know how the reposition the percentages below so they hover over the gauge as opposed to being on the gauge?

7 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Have you tried making the object a little taller?

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. Resizing the gauge chart has no effect on the text axis.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi David,

I thing there is no option to move your label. Try to make your gauge chart little bigger and your label font a bit smaller.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Some part of the text will be there on the gauge.

Best Regards,
KC
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Part of the labels will always cover the top of the gauge, but it's only a small part and it won't grow with the font size.

The best thing you can do is select a bold label font to make the labels stand out more. See Properties->Presentation->Show Scale->Font...

A vertical gauge exhibits no such behavior (not even overlapping labels). Can you switch to vertical orientation?

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Team I am working with prefers the horizontal gauge, but I am glad to know I am not missing anything.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Another workaround could be that you disable gauge labels  altogether, but force the min/max of the scale to a fixed value. Then you can add two (for example just 60% and 100%) or more text boxes above the gauge that respectfully keep their distance at all times

Means more work though...