Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Hub and Chrome 41.0.2272.76 m

Hello Everyone-

I came across this strange issue with Sense HUB where clicking on an application does not render the application in chrome after we have updated the browser to the latest version, upon invoking the Developers console I see the following message Uncaught Syntax Error: Unexpected number;  and this error is associated to my application GUID.

if i downgrade the browser to the lower version, everything works fine, if i use Firefox, it works fine as well.

I am wondering if anyone else has seen similar behavior?

Capture.JPG

13 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jin - just FYI I am aware that this is in Qlik's hands at the moment and they are working on the issue.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Giuseppe_Novello

Hello Guys,

It seems that I found a workaround and might have lead me to believe its a chrome issue. Please watch the video. ( You might need to install VLC media or any flash media tool.)  Basically, if you go to chrome developer tools > and hit the "search" source code option ( the eye glass icon) it will bypass the error, but you need to repeat this process every time you close the app.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Giuseppe_Novello

well nevermind, Zyed got it on the last post, didn't read it. so yeah, thats the other workaround i have seen to make it work.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

FIXED:

All, i had the same problem in our environment. The issue was tied to Chrome because when it auto-updates from 40 to 41, it caused the blank page load issue.

Have your admins upgrade the Sense SERVER to 1.1. It will fix it. We have resolved our issue by upgrading the Sense Server.

Good luck.