Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grant access to users to an app without reloading it

Hi, is it possible to grant access to a new user to an existing app, published to AccessPoint, without doing a reload?

We have Publisher and normally distribute documents to AccessPoint and use a mix of AD groups and AD accounts. I wish we could use AD groups for everything but we cannot for some reasons.

the only way I found to add new users is to add them to Distribute tab on a task and do a reload.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Borys,

you can do just a distribution only rather than a reload & distribution. Just uncheck the reload option in the task and run it. No reload will happen and just the distribute

hope that helps

Joe

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Borys,

you can do just a distribution only rather than a reload & distribution. Just uncheck the reload option in the task and run it. No reload will happen and just the distribute

hope that helps

Joe

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Joe. Not really happy there is no other way but i will take it as an answer. Just need to remember to check reload back in

I also noticed that sometimes it takes a few reruns - for some reason it does not always grant access from the first try. A couple times I had to go and delete the meta file manually or even QVW. I am curious if you had the same epxerience

Not applicable
Author

If you split the tasks you won't need to remember to check it again. So make task 1 do the reload and task 2 do the distribute, triggered on the completion of task 1. So then if you need to distribute again you just run task 2.

hmm don't think I have seen that before I'm afraid