Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SQL WHERE LIKE query -

i have in one table tblcustomers a field custords. in this field i have both sales orders and credits posted. Each prefixed with SO for sales order and CR for credits. I have attempt to run a query to list only credits and or only sales orders. script is pretty standard

select * from tblcustomers where custords like 'CR%';

ideally i would ike to define the return as credits in the above example.

I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere.

any pointers will be gratefully received.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks John, sorry if the question was unclear - I hope to clarify below:-

In my Access Database I have a table tbCustomers within the table I have a column for custords - the data in the custords column reflewct both sales and credits sales are prefixed with SO ( Sales Order ) and Credits with CR. The format of each is SO12345 CR12345 each is a unique number.

I have created some impressive dashboard tabs- but a query is to product queries to list only Credits - without showing Sales Orders and Vice a Versa

This is why I thought upon using the Select Where Like Statement - In reality I am looking to undertake 2 selections from the same data source renaming each as select where queries one for CR loaded as Credits and the Other SO as Sales. As such I am looking to perform the select where statement as part of the load in order to define the result as Credits or sales.

regards

Nik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Is this what you're asking for? I'm not sure I understand the question.

load *,mid(custords,3) as credits;

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John, sorry if the question was unclear - I hope to clarify below:-

In my Access Database I have a table tbCustomers within the table I have a column for custords - the data in the custords column reflewct both sales and credits sales are prefixed with SO ( Sales Order ) and Credits with CR. The format of each is SO12345 CR12345 each is a unique number.

I have created some impressive dashboard tabs- but a query is to product queries to list only Credits - without showing Sales Orders and Vice a Versa

This is why I thought upon using the Select Where Like Statement - In reality I am looking to undertake 2 selections from the same data source renaming each as select where queries one for CR loaded as Credits and the Other SO as Sales. As such I am looking to perform the select where statement as part of the load in order to define the result as Credits or sales.

regards

Nik

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Sounds like this, then:

[Table]:
load *,mid(custords,3) as credits;
concatenate ([Table])
load *,mid(custords,3) as salesorders;
select * from tblcustomers where custords like 'SO%';