Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Connections in Data model

Hii, i am new to QV. as i was working with the data models. i have got an issue which i was not able to solve by renaming the dimensions in the table. i am attaching the screenshot of the datamodel. can any1 help me with this one.

Here you can see that three tables have got same dimension office but how i need to join these is like this Budget>>Office>>Employees. If i rename the Office in the budget it gets joined in between.

3 Replies
Not applicable

I dont know whether I understand your issue or not,but based on my understanding,you first join Office with Budget table and then final table(Office-Budget) with Employee...

so you can rename the Office field in Office table as BudgetOffice and perform Inner join with Budget Table.

then take resident of the final table and rename the BudgetOffice field as Office and EmplID as EmployeeID and perform Inner join with Employee table

Not applicable

and if your requirement is different then please elaborate your requirement in detail

amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

thnx, Let me check with your solution, i will update soon.