brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

caldata

When i loaded the CalData.pgo.xml into Qlikview it loaded as three files

NamedCalInUse:

PerServerCalData:

CalAllocEntry:

What data is stored in each table ? Means What data does  NamedCalinUse will have similarly the other tables. And is is possible to  decrypt the last Updated/Last Used column information to dates?

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There are many more tables in your average CalData.pgo file. And their contents largely depends on your QlikView server and the CALs you have in license. In short:

• NamedCalsInUse is what it says, a list of CALs that are in use with assignments, machine IDs and some server info.
  • PerServerCalData is probably a table listing CAL information per server. It's a nested tag. (I'm not sure, I don't have multiple servers on my laptop)
  • CalAllocEntry has a list of users, an optional quarantine timestamp and the last time they (re)used their CAL.

David Foster (the man behind License_Analyser_K3FDS.qvw) posted a good overview of the information in this pgo-file and how to interprete the data: Extracting PGO Data and Analysing License Allocation

To convert 64-bit hex dates (PGO) into something edible, see René Verschurens trick in Converting 64 bit hexadecimal (PGO dates) to decimal

Best,

Peter

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

use have to use power tools to modify those files.

Named User CAL (an identified user on a server) A Named User CAL is assigned to a unique and identified user (see Identification for information on how users are identified) who may access as many QlikView documents as may reside on the server or server cluster to which the Named User CAL is assigned. A Named User CAL may be transferred to another user pursuant to the software licensing agreement, in which case there is a 24-hour quarantine before the Named User CAL can be transferred to another user. There is no time limit for how long a user assigned a Named User CAL can access a QlikView document.