cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mthernandezg
Contributor II
Contributor II

Trigger task not found 11.2 SR9

We are changing our Publisher cluster from two servers with Windows 2008 SR2 and QlikView Server 11.2 SR 5 to new servers with Windows 2012 R2 and QVS 11.2 SR9.

First, we installed QVS 11.2 SR5 on the new servers, configured the Remote Management Services and imported the tasks to the new environment. Up to this point all tasks are working correctly.

The problem comes when we try to upgrade the new servers to SR9, for it throws a "Trigger task not found" exception on several tasks. We’ve tried different approaches upgrading the servers but every time the same error appears.

1. Import tasks from SR5 to SR5 then upgrade to SR6, SR8 or SR9.
  2. Import tasks from SR5 directly to SR9.
  3. Clone task
  4. Delete and Create task all over again.

All attempts have failed showing the same error, are there any missing steps or suggestions we should try?

14 Replies
cleite2014
Creator
Creator

Hi Magnus,

I got a resolution yesterday.  The issue was the chunk size in the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config was set to 100.  As soon as it was set to 20 and the service restarted all task triggers showed up as needed.  Thanks for the debug option.  That may come in handy in the future.

Craig Leite

Not applicable

Magnus and Craig, thanks to Craig's post I too have a resolution to the trigger issue.  I was able to upgrade to V11 and reset the chunk size from 100 to 20.  Following Craig's instructions above, I now have all my tasks and their triggers.  Hoorah!!!

Max Clary

Not applicable

That's great news. If your system is stable with chunk size 20 then surely you should keep it at that. However I would recommend to have as large number as possible. The setting comes into play when the work order is out of synch between Management Service and Distribution Services. Especially important if you have clustered Distribution services when this will happen more frequent under high load work load + lots of task changes.

Not applicable

Thanks Magnus....I have gone back in and set my chunk size from 20 to 40 and now from 40 to 60.  I still have all my triggers and plan on leaving the chunk size setting = 60.  I noticed no change in task reload times with the various chunk size settings.

cleite2014
Creator
Creator

Hi Max,

About how many tasks are you running per hour?  How often are your tasks changing?  Just cursious how these values may compare to mine.

Thank you,

Craig Leite