Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Keeping a pivot table detached / preserving position of horizontal scroll bar

Hi everyone,

I have tried looking at a few other threads on here, and my apologies if this has been answered before, but I have a problem with a pivot table I've created, and it's quite specific.

It used to be a straight table, but there were a lot of dimensions (24), and it was making the screen too large.

I needed it to have a horizontal scroll bar, but of course, you can't really have a horizontal scroll bar on a straight table, but i found a way of doing it by turning it into a pivot table, and leaving 10 dimensions, and then turning the rest into expressions.

A scroll bar now appears, but it does not preserve its position (even when the check box in the 'Layout' tab is ticked - the table also has a vertical scroll bar, which works fine with that option ticked).

This is my problem.  I need my horizontal scroll bar to preserve it's position too.

The only way I have managed it is to detach the pivot table.  However, when the document is reloaded, or just reopened, the table is attached again, and the scroll bar resets.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

3 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Lewis,

try using 'Preserve Scroll Position' in Properties > Layout Tab.

Regards Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply, although I have tried that...  the preserve scroll bar option holds the position of the vertical scroll bar perfectly, but not the horizontal one.

Would you happen to have any further recommendations?

Thanks again,

Lewis

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Just re read the Help file about Preserve Scroll Position, and afraid it doesn't appear to work as I expected:

Preserve Scroll Position

With this setting enabled, QlikView will try to preserve the scroll position of tables and charts with a scroll bar when a selection is made in another object. The setting must be enabled in User Preferences: Objects as well.

The scroll position is not preserved when you close the document.

Sorry didn't spot you had already ticked the option in the first place!!

Worth a try , but have you tried creating a book mark, you can incude scroll positions in them and that actually does work as expected