Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Governance Dashboard reload on Server2012 R2?

Hi, I scheduled reload on a VM Server 2012 R2 for Governance Dashboard. I read some posting about the dashboard is not yet supported with Server2012 -- a blog posted back in Oct 2013. Is this still the case?

I can reload the dashboard okay if open with Qlikview desktop tool. However, it keeps failing with scheduling. I even unchecked 'Filter AccessPoint Document LIst Based on Section Access' in the document itself. But still no go. I have no section access configured on this doc from QMC.

Anyone might know the problem?

The task "Governance Dashboard" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow.

---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException:

The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=\\emprodqvpub01\C$\BIReports\SourceDocument\Governance Dashboard.qvw.  ||  

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult) ||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult,

String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) ||

--- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName,

String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) ||

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) ||    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) ||   

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

9 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

You can use Server 2012, though there have been reports of an issue with the qlikviewgovernanceconnector.exe (connector used in the Governance Dashboard) for those using Server 2012 and QlikView 11.20 SR8 and SR9.

Generally, though, I would check a couple of things:

1. Is GovDB installed on each QDS server (in other words, on each machine where it might get reloaded)?
  2. Is the account under which the Publisher service is running a service account only or does it have security settings as well? (Quick check - does that user account have a folder in c:\Users?)
  3. Does the user account in #2 have access to the files and folders set in the configuration of the GovDB?
  4. Section Access - if one of the documents (QVWs) that the GovDB is trying to reload has section access, make sure the account reloading the app (in #2) has access.
  5. UNC paths? Are the paths set in the Configuration page valid and accessible by each machine that might reload the GovDB?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank Tyler for your quick reply and sorry for my delay. Juggling a few things.

Please find answer below

1) No, Initially the GovDB was installed on Server01 (QV Server), then I copied to Server02 (publisher). Should I go ahead and re-run the install exe. Note: Both machines are Server 2012 R2.

2) Yes, the service account is also added to local admin (both machines) and domain admin

3) Yes. should have full access

4) No section access at this point

5)Yes. all paths are valid.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Since your first post I have observed issues with 11.20 SR8 and SR9 with the Governance Dashboard.

What version of QlikView are you using? (Please specify if you have different versions for Desktop and QlikView Server). Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tyler.

Server version 11.20.12742

Desktop version 11.20.12742

(same version)

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

11.20 SR10 then. So, that other issue should not be the cause of your trouble.

Can you send the governance dashboard.qvw.log and the fullscanmessages.log file to me? (or post them)

qvw.log file is in the same folder as the Governance Dashboard.qvw

fullscanMessages.log file is in the QVX_LastRun folder - which subfolder is in the same folder as the qvw.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here you go.

(Tyler, I am curious. The GovDB install should be run on the server where the Qvw. will be realoded ? Currently I didn't do this step. I installed GovDB on QVServer. But publisher server is the actual one doing the reloading.)

here is the zipped.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Yes, you must run the governancedashboard.exe installation on each server where the app will be reloaded.

But the scan has reloaded okay (at least for the logs you posted).  I don't see any server logs, though. Are there session, event, and performance logs in the "Has Server" log folder?

One other note, I would exclude from the document scan the folder which contains the Governance Dashboard.  If you click on the "?" on the configuration page, you can see some documentation online about setting that up.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tyler. Once I installed the GovDB on each server, the reload works!

Sorry about the confusion, I was reading a few posts and trying out diff settings. One of them asks to disabled the 'Has Server' setting on the Gov DB. And happened the log and qvw files sent was during that trial out.

Appreciate your patient and your help.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Good to hear.