Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display values of different data types in one column?

I am loading data from an xls. It has one column known as 'DIFF'. This column has percent as well as integer values. For example, it has values as follows:

DIFF

20%

50%

When I load this data into Qlikview, all the values are converted to percentages by Qlikview while loading. So, value 0 is converted to 0% and 1 to 100%, instead of the original values of 0 and 1 respectively.

Please let me know, how can I display the actual values, that is i want to show the both the percent and integer values in this column. Pls. guide.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

Seems to be working in your case, but in my case its still the same.. Sad.

Attaching the qvw file for your reference. See that I still have all the % values, instead of the original values.

Pls. let me know if I have made any mistake at my end.

Regards,

Swati

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Not applicable
Author

take data type text

Eg load

text(DIFF)

resident abc;

Regards

Ashish Srivastava

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashish, Thanks for replying.

I tried loading the column data using text(DIFF) but that converts all the column values to integer values.

But I want to show percent values as percent and integer values as integers, that is, I want to show actual values, intead of converting them to a specific type.

Regards,

Swati

Not applicable
Author

Dear Swati

What is your data source ?.

Regards

Ashish Srivastava

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swati,

There is no need to apply any specific syntax, function to your source database.

Refer to attachment.

In pivot table chart properties, Number section, keep "Expression Default" clicked.

Hope this answers your query.

Sincere Regards,

Happy Thoughts

Not applicable
Author

My data source is an excel file, and I am importing data from that xls.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

text(DIFF) works for me. Can you post your xls file?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for replying.

I have not used any function to convert data to any particular format. Qlikview automatically converts all integer values to % also.

I also have "Expression Default" selected in the Number tab of the chart properties, still this conversion has taken place.

I think the difference might be the source of data being loaded into Qlikview. You are loadiing inline data whereas I am loading data from an excel file.

Please see if you get correct results after laoding data from an excel file.

Regards,

Swati

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swati,

I have first done it by sourcing data from Excel file and then I loaded inline data for your convenience..

In Excel file, make sure that cells where you have % value have % Number format.

Also, this can be verified by creating list box of Values in QV.

Just try it.

Sincere Regards,

Happy Thoughts

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Please find attached the xls file. Refer to the 'DIFF' column at the end of the xls file, which has both percent and integer values.

Regards,

Swati