Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display values of different data types in one column?

I am loading data from an xls. It has one column known as 'DIFF'. This column has percent as well as integer values. For example, it has values as follows:

DIFF

20%

50%

When I load this data into Qlikview, all the values are converted to percentages by Qlikview while loading. So, value 0 is converted to 0% and 1 to 100%, instead of the original values of 0 and 1 respectively.

Please let me know, how can I display the actual values, that is i want to show the both the percent and integer values in this column. Pls. guide.

25 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

I have again verified that in the xls all the % values have % number format, whereas the other integer values have General or Number format. I also tried to load the Diff column values into the list box but that also shows all % values, so even integer values are shown as percent values.

Attaching the xls for your reference. Please try from this xls file and revert.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swati,

Plz load attached file in your PC.

I have loaded data from CST worksheet of your Excel Workbook.

I have created list boxes for data in column Diff, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr.

It has got data in original format,,,,crosscheck.

Let me know if you still find error.

Happy Thoughts.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

Seems to be working in your case, but in my case its still the same.. Sad.

Attaching the qvw file for your reference. See that I still have all the % values, instead of the original values.

Pls. let me know if I have made any mistake at my end.

Regards,

Swati

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swati,

Yes, it seems to be the same.

Though its not a very intelligent thought,yet I request you to close your all QV files and Excel files, and create new QV file from same source data.

Instead of creating whole table, for testing purpose you can just create a list box to check the number format.

Happy Thoughts.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

Tried with a new QV document by populating data in a listbox, but its still the same...No luck this time also.. Sad

Not applicable
Author

are u loading the data correctly? may be a stupid question but it never hurts to double check...

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I a loading the data correctly. You can also confirm from the attached qvw file.

Regards,

Swati

Not applicable
Author

have u tried changing the chart from a multi box to a straight table and setting the expression 'Diff ' to relative? maybe that helps?

Not applicable
Author

I have to use pivot table only to represnt the data. Hence, I cannot use any other data object such as a straight table to represent the data.

Regards,

Swati

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I tested this and it worked

Go to Document properities

Numbers

Mark the field Diff

Uncheck "Survive reload".

Reload the document.

Anders