Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add large number of users to a document

is there a way via QMS API or any tool besides QMC, to add large number of users to a document?

I have a list with 200-300 users ID and my hands will get tired pretty fast if I do that manually in QMC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Create a semicolon separated list of your users and paste in manual input (a textbox in the bottom of window)

domain\user1;domain\user2;domain\user3;...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Yes,

Using PowerTools 1.1 for QlikView

Check for "Qv User Manager"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks for your reply, but looks like QV User Manager -add param supports DMS users only and I am using active directory.

P.s. I've been using QV User Manager for a while to clean-up User CALs

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

-a, --add=CAL|DMS          Add users or assign CALs [CAL|DMS]

You can add CAL from AD too

"Don't fear the command line! With console redirection and piping support this little tool

can with minimal effort be used to for example assign CALs from an Active Directory group"

Not applicable
Author

Create a semicolon separated list of your users and paste in manual input (a textbox in the bottom of window)

domain\user1;domain\user2;domain\user3;...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

assigning CALs to a server and granting access to a particular document are two very different things. but thanks for suggestion

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

interesting, never paid attention to that textbox I think it should work!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this also works in the top input box where you type user ID or AD group - it accepts ; delimted list of users. The only issue it would not tell you if user ID is invalid.