Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis within an if condtition

Hey Guys,

I'm currently facing trouble with an if condition. More specifically my problem derives from a conditional formating (conditional colour) that I would like to apply to a textbox. Basis of my problem is that I have multiple alternate states and my textbox is set to StateA but the colour should depend on a selection made in StateB. Simply changing the entire alternate state of the object doesn't work since my expressions need to use StateA.

So this was my approach:

=if(SUM({[StateB]}GetSelectedCount(MyField)=0, RGB(400,0,0), RGB(0,0,400))

For some reasons this doesn't work and I wonder whether ther is another way to specify the alternate state StateB for my if condition without changing it for the whole object? Note that the SUM()-function is irrelevant for my calculations I just used it to set StateB.

All I want to do is have the object change the colour if MyField in StateB is not selected.

Thanks for your help and have a good one,

Clemens

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Starting with QV SR8 you can use alternate states in the get* functions:

=if(getselectedcount(MyField, 'StateB'), rgb(255,0,0), rgb(0,255,0)

In earlier versions you can use something like this:

If(count({StateB} distinct MyField) = fieldvaluecount('MyField'), rgb(255,0,0), rgb(0,255,0)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Starting with QV SR8 you can use alternate states in the get* functions:

=if(getselectedcount(MyField, 'StateB'), rgb(255,0,0), rgb(0,255,0)

In earlier versions you can use something like this:

If(count({StateB} distinct MyField) = fieldvaluecount('MyField'), rgb(255,0,0), rgb(0,255,0)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot, I used your second proposal:

If(count({StateB} distinct MyField) = fieldvaluecount('MyField'), rgb(255,0,0), rgb(0,255,0))

Not applicable
Author

I'm now facing a follow-up problem and it'd be great if someone could help me with this:

While I wanted to use conditional colouring if no selection is made, I would now like to colour conditionally if a specific value is selected. Again I'm facing the problem of different alternate states: My object is StateA and my Selection will be made in StateB.

So basically what I want to do is colour my StateA textbox in a different colour based on what selection is made in my StateB listbox.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and all the best

Clemens