Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Simple math expression does not seem to be working in Qlik Sense

Now I admit, I don't have much experience in writing expressions, however based on what I have read in the forums I believe I have this set up correctly.  My import contains the price per item and the qty for the price (3/$1.00) and also Qty sold but does not have the total amount sold.  My expression is ([Cur Price]/[Cur Price Qty])*[Qty Sold] and I have used the "create new measure" tool in Quick Sense to insert the fields from my database. When I try to use it in a graph, I use my Store field as a Dimension and the created measure.  Qlik Sense then tells me "The chart is not displayed because it contains only undefined values.  When I load the Store as a measure and only Qty Sold it graphs correctly.

I am also having trouble with a markdown expression, ([Cur Price]/[Cur Price Qty])-([Reg Retail]/[Reg Retail Unit]) it is giving me the same error.

These are the first measures I have tried to create, so I am clearly doing something wrong.  Anyone able to tell me what?

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

OK attached is the QVF file.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I have looked at it and cannot find any problem, but you need to tell me what your expectations are...

If I use

Sum(([Reg Retail]/[Reg Retail Unit])*([Qty Sold]))

as expression for Markdown, I get the same result in Qlik Sense as in Excel.

HIC

Image2.png

Image4.png

Not applicable
Author

It appears you have an extra set of parenthesis around Qty Sold that I never tried because it stood alone and but that appears to have corrected the calculation!  I applied this same principle to other calculations I was having difficulty with and it fixed those as well!  Thank you so much for your help. I would have overlooked that entirely had I not seen you do it in your expression.