Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem upgrading to QliView Server 9 SR5 - distribution service not connecting

We are upgrading our QlikView Server (64 bit) from SR 2 to SR5 we have a critical problem: The distribution service will not connect. Therefore we

cannot relaod the models.

The OS is Windows 2003 SP2. PLease could you suggest a fix.

Thanks,

Graham

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Are you sure that the profile under which the services run are part of the correct groups? I had a problem with an upgrade to v9sr4 where although 'Local Services' is part of the local administartors group, the group was not explicitly defined in the 'Qlikview Administrators' group.

Hope this helps.

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your help. Yes, I am sure that group is explicitly defined in the 'QlikView Administrators' group. The problem is still ongoing.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Graham

Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

Hi Graham,

Could you please add some more detail to you issue?
What does the DS logs say?

Your best bet here would be to get in touch with QlikView Support and provide a detailed problem description as well as log files from the CC, DS, DSC and MS so that it can be treated as a semi-production down incident.

Regards,

Gustav

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

please see if the "use SSL Connection for distribution service" is checked. if yes deselect and try.

Next, if you using Qlikview Small Business Edition there is a bug in SR5. Jobs will not be scheduled. Call support and they will deliver a Fix.

Best regards

Michael

victa001
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

After trying trying getting SR5 to work .. i tried SR4 and that worked fine !

Carlo Vruwink