Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickking
Contributor III
Contributor III

Display text part of a Dual value when using the numeric part

Hi Guys,

I have a bar chart that I would like to contain a reference line to separate work in progress bars from completed bars. To add the reference line to the dimension axis it needs to be set to continuous and use the Dual function to assign a numeric value to my text categories however when I do this it changes the Dimension Legends to the numeric value.

I would like to be able to use the numeric functionality but display the text values. Any ideas?

Thanks
Nick

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something like this ?

nickking
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately nothing was attached to your reply. Could I ask you to try again please?

Thanks very much

Nick

Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange, can you see attached qvw this time ?

nickking
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Got it now Bill. Thank you. I think it was my fault. I was viewing it in my Inbox and didn't realise I had to click on the message title to see everything in your response. I have now found it and it works perfectly.

Thanks very much for your help (and speedy response both times) 

nickking
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In trying to apply your solution I've noticed that the labels aren't sorting in the same order as the bars and nothing that I do fixes it. The labels in your solution are currently showing in the reverse order of the bars for some reason. Any ideas?

Thanks