cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Must_Include issue on server

QV Vertion 10.0.9061.7  Production

QV Vertsion 10.0.9516.9 Development

My client has the 2 versions on their Dev and Prod servers.  (Yes, we are trying to get them to upgrade!!) As you can see it is a few SR releases older on Production. 

When we run an application on the DEV server with must_include statements, it runs perfectly.

When we run the same application on the Prod server with must_include statements, it does not run BUT we also DO NOT get an error message.  Just no data.  Yes the same files are on both servers that are loaded with the include statement.  When we remove the must_, the application runs (at least so far).  I tried to find out when the must_include was added or if there were any bugs fixed between 9061 and 9516 but cannot find anything.  Any idea?

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Debbie,

I have looked and I don't see any bugs with the include statement other than an issue when you are loading several included. However, that doesn't mean that something wasn't fixed between releases. Your production machine is on 10 SR3 and your development is on 10 SR5.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
marcus_sommer

Are you sure that it is exactly the same on both environments, no error mode is used and all include-files are the same? Have you monitored the execution with the debugger? Also must_include has a few undocumented special-features like it runs always even after a exit script statement.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Bill and Marcus.  Yes all files are the exact same on both environments.  I will check to make sure nothing is after the exit script but I dont think that would cause 0 rows to load.  I will try and run debugger but the problem only seems to occur when run thru QMC not using desktop.

Not applicable
Author

Not sure if this is related but the first time I have seen this warning in the server log

:Warning:  Read Docoument Log was aborted

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does it have the problem with the QV 10.0.9516.9 Desktop?

Not applicable
Author

I am using a later version of Desktop.  the versions I mentioned are the server and the problems occur only in the SR3 server.  The SR5 server runs perfectly.  And no, I cannot get them to upgrade.  They are planning a full 11 upgrade some day... I hope

Not applicable
Author

I do believe this was fixed in SR4. See bug ID 33951.