Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bringing 2 tables together with similar structure

Hi

In our company we have branches that operate independently however they have the same structure.  I want to combine the 2 difference data source.

Attached herewith is the mock model which are link to 2 data sources.   The one is Joburg and the other is Durban.

The are 3 tables for each data source.

1. Sales Data:           Containing Customer, Item Code and Sales Qty

2. Customer Data:  Customer and Customer Group

3.Item Data:              Item Code and Item Category

When I reloaded the model, ITEM Category, Customer Group and “Renewable” under Division does not appear for Durban.  Please can you tell me where I am going wrong in my scripting.

Kind regards

Nayan

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Greeshma

Thank you for the explanation . Much appreciated. I am slowly beginning to understand joins and Concatenation.

One more question, Im not familiar with NoConcatenate. What does it mean in the scripting you applied.

Kind regards

Nayan

Temp:

NoConcatenate

load * Resident ;

left join

LOAD *

Resident ;

left join

load * Resident ;

DROP Table ,[Item Data],[Customer Data];

Final:

NoConcatenate

load*,

If( = 'Game' And = 'SANWARE', 'Renewable', 'Non-Renewable') As Division

Resident Temp;

drop table Temp;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Noconcatenate is just the opposite of concatenate. It is used when you dont want to combine the data from two tables even if the column names are the same. In the script that i shared with you, I have first loaded the Sales, customer and Item table. I am loading these tables once again in a temporary table(called Temp) to perform the joins. Since Temp will now have same field names as the original 3 tables, Qlikview will automatically concatenate these tables. This will result in data duplicacy. To avoid this, I have used noconcatenate keyword.

Regards,

Greeshma

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thank you Greeshma for the explanation and for all your help. Much appreciated.

Kind regards

Nayan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In case you do not have any further queries, please mark the answer as correct or helpful and close this discussion.

Regards,

Greeshma

Not applicable
Author

Hi Greeshma

Will do and thank you again.

regards

Nayan