Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcvictor
Contributor
Contributor

QV Publisher Cluster

Hi guys,

I would need instructions for procedure and troubleshooting in setting up a Publisher Cluster.

I have a distributed installation on 3 machines and now I want to add another Publisher so I can have 2.

I would need if someone could help me on the steps of creating a Publisher Cluster.

Thanks a lot.

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

To start what value do you have for

NUMBER_OF_CLUSTER_NODES;

If you don't have this setting in your LEF file with a number equal to the number of Distribution services you want to run it will not work.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
dcvictor
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Currently 1.

We will purchase another Publisher License. so I guess we will have 2.

our current setup is 1 qv server and 1 publisher so one complete installation running off of 3 machines.

we are planning to add 1 more machine running a publisher to help with reloads for some applications.

if i am explaining this wrong, please feel free to correct me.

victor

Anonymous
Not applicable

please speak to the contact person from Qlik and make sure that you buy the cluster one instead of buying individual 2

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Victor,

Your account manager can guide you through the process and can advise you on what licensing you will need. To cluster any Qlik product that requires a license the license has to have that information in it.

To Cluster QVSs

NUMBER_OF_CLUSTER_NODES;4;;   with 4 being the number of QVSs.

For the distribution service (Publisher)

NUMBER_OF_XS;2;;  with 2 being the number of distribution services.

The above numbers can be more depending on what you purchase.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Hi,

i guess he want to run two publishers paralel in a non clustered mode - but managed in the same QMC.

This will only work with a QDS cluster lic?

/olli

hindujavishal
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is it possible to run two publishers in a Non-Clustered architecture, but managed through the same QMC?

Have another license but would need to first add the Distribution services on the Setup tab. However, when trying to add am getting an error saying - Can not add more distribution services, you only have 1 in your license.

Any pointers/suggestions, please guide.