Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umartareen
Creator II
Creator II

ODBC Connect to Oracle Database. 'Select Tables' pops up the Windows Explorer page.

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to an Oracle database using ODBC on QlikView 10.

I am able to make the connection string. But when I click on select, to select the tables and fields, a windows explorer pops up allowing me to browse through the folders, instead of the usual window that displays the tables and its fields of the Database.

Also the Qvw application is not responding (stationary), not allowing me to even move or close it.

I had to open another fresh application to work on, but the same problem persists.

Please help.

4 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Please share screenshot for better understanding of your issue

umartareen
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

After establishing the ODBC connection as seen below,

comm1.PNG

When I click the select button, to select the table fields, Instead of the select table window box, as seen below,

4.PNG

the my Qvw application shows up losing the edit script window as seen below and I do not get the window box to select tables and fields as above.

comm2.PNG

I am neither able to select and close this Qvw application nor am I able to move it across the screen.

Please help

Thanks,

Umar

Not applicable

Hi Umar,

There is a discrepancy in the the screenshots attached. The first screenshot is showing ODBC connection established and the second screenshot is not. Are you sure you are working on the same QVW Edit Script application? Maybe try re-configuring your ODBC connection.

Salewa

Screenshot like this could help understand the issue.

ODBC.JPG

umartareen
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Omosalewa,

Thank you for the post.

Yes the second screenshot I have made use of is from a different application and server. I only used it for a better understanding.

However, the first and the third screenshots is the actual scenario of the server and application I'm using. The issue here is that I do not get what is in the second screenshot (select tables box) upon clicking the select button.

This is very unusual and I do not know if anybody else has faced such an issue.

Regards,

Umar