Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to change axis to logarithmic scale

Does anyone know how to change the scaling of a chart axis to log scale? e.g. in  a scatter plot.

Brgds,

Ulrik

16 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

On the Axes tab enable the option Log Scale for the axis.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

When I look under Appearance > X-Axis > Scale, the only options are Wide, Narrow and Medium, which just controls the tick marks.

Where do I find the Axis tab?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ah, never mind. I missed that your question is about Qlik Sense, not QlikView. My apologies.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

No worries! But thanks for taking the time to answer

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Ulrik - do these settings help?

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your suggestion! Changing the min and/or max doesn't really do the trick as the scale is still linear.

For instance, if I were to make a plot with very large spread of the values, I need a log scale in order to see  the small values and the changes in them. See example.

Can this be achieved somehow?

Thanks,

Ulrik

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Ulrik - I am getting another set of eyes on this for you.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Ulrik - I have been informed that this is currently not possible, but is being looked at for a future release.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike

Thank you for looking into this! Is there a place where you can see the roadmap for future releases?

Best regards,

Ulrik