Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Assign different rights for „admin“ and „user“ users

Hello everyone,

I was keep searching for an answer in community, but couldn't find it clearly expressed.

I am trying to create different logins on my QlikView application, but I find difficult to do it. Can anyone explain how to do it step by step, cause I am quite new in developing QlikView applications. Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If you want to prevent editing and reloading the script the you can make a source qvw which you keep for making changes and a copy of that document for distributing. In the source document\document properties you check the prohibit binary load option. In the copy of you replace all loadscript with a binary load statement of the source document. This copy of the original now has no load script to edit and will not reload the source as it is prohibited.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You need to look for  Section Access, the ADMIN and USER keywords for the ACCESS field from section Access are system values to restrict access to the document properties in an offline distribution solution and not for assigning any other access rights.

Like said, for assigning different rights look into section Access. You can look in the help (Security) or search the forum. e.g. Here's an introduction to section access:

Introduction to Section Access

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer, but I couldn't understand one more thing:

i.e. I have two different tabs on my document: Sheet1 and Sheet2

and I would like to have two different users: user1 and user2

What I would like to do is that user1 could see only Sheet1 and user2 – Sheet2.

What is more, I preffer that user1 can edit script and user2 don't have that option.

How the script should look like?

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I've made an example for you, see attached, the passwords for opening this document can be found in the pasted script below. The user Administrator can see all and make changes to the document, User1 and User2 can see sheet1 and sheet2 respectively and not make changes

SECTION Access;

LOAD * Inline [ACCESS,USERID,PASSWORD, ACCESSGROUP

ADMIN,Administrator,Admin1,ALL

USER,User1,Access1,SHEET1

USER,User2,Access2,SHEET2

];

Section Application;

star is *;

LOAD * Inline [ACCESSGROUP

'ALL'

'SHEET1'

'SHEET2'

];

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot.

And what about editing or reloading script?

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If you want to prevent editing and reloading the script the you can make a source qvw which you keep for making changes and a copy of that document for distributing. In the source document\document properties you check the prohibit binary load option. In the copy of you replace all loadscript with a binary load statement of the source document. This copy of the original now has no load script to edit and will not reload the source as it is prohibited.

Not applicable
Author

By the way, I tried to use your expression (ACCESSGROUP='SHEET2' or ACCESSGROUP='ALL') in all of my sheets and I've got that all the users see the same. Is it bug or?...

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The section access must have been loaded with in the document properties\opening the option initial data reduction based on section access checked and finally saved. After that you have to close qlikview and reopen it.