Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Prior month data for each month in a table

I'm new to QlikView and am exciting to learn! I've been going through the community looking to find an answer and haven't been able to see a scenario like mine and am hoping someone can assist.

I am attempting to show a headcount table, where the beginning count for each month is the end headcount of the prior month. I have attached a sample qvw to show what I'm trying to do and you can see the data structure.

I have 3 files coming in; headcount, hires, separations. In my table I would like to show the headcount for the prior month as the beginning count for the next month (from the headcount file). So, for example, the headcount for January (month 1, end headcount field in the table) is the beginning headcount for February (month 2). In my example qvw the 'Prior Month End' would display 10 for month 2, and 9 for month 3. I've tried many different variants of the expression that is currently there, but to no avail.

Sure appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

2 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

use

Above(NumericCount(hc_emplid))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much Manish. Worked wonders! However, if I had multiple years in my dataset, with one year always selected/active, would it be possible to get the December headcount of the prior year to list for the January of the selected year, as it currently displays " - " as there is nothing 'above'?

Thanks again for your quick assistance.