Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Custom Directory

Hi ,

Any one can suggest me the steps to add the Users and Groups in the Custom Directory.

Regards,

XXX

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Open QEMC and go in the SYSTEM \ Setup \ Directory Service Connectors \ Custom Directory \ General panel, click on the green "plus" icon and press "Apply" (step 1).
Go to SYSTEM \ Setup \ Directory Service Connectors \ Custom Directory \ Users panel and add here users and groups (step 2).

Hope help, Regards.
corrado

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Carrado,

I am able to create users and groups as per your steps. Is it possible to provide section access based on the user name created in the Custom Directory

Regards,

XXX

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Should be possible to use the custom user in the NTNAME field in section access, like:

section access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME
ADMIN, CUSTOMUSER
USER, CUSTOMUSER1 ];

Not applicable
Author

Hi

first i mounted the qvw file and opened in accesspoint by assigning cal its working fine.

after that i created on custom user and password for the login page,wen i login using the custom user there is no documents on the server.

could any one help me to find out the problem..

thanks in advance

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI Gopinatha

May I know what type of security mechanism you are using?

NTFS or DMS

as far as I Remember In order to work with Custom users you need to shift to DMS mode

Rgards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I tried both ntfs and dms mode....

but still it showing no documents.....

once i removed the custom users that the applications showed in the accesspoint....

anyone help me to find out the problem...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When you run using Custom users and DMS, QV will control file access, so if you go to the document tab in QEMC and click on the documents, you should have a tab called Authorization where you can set the authorization rules for the specific document.