Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Ghost task

Hi,

can anyone give me a hint as to where I have to look for a task that seems to still be in some system_file, but for an app that does not exist anymore (at least it does not reside in the directory where, acc. to the failure_email I get regularly, it should be)?

It used to be displayed in the QMC twice - once as failed (because of that ghost_task), once as running fine (the new version). My colleague now set the one to "work disabled", so it doesn't show up as failed anymore - but we still have the very same reload_task displayed twice in the QMC.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

It's not always about Cal allocated.

We have to follow 1 thumb rule.

Remove task associate on this application first, After you remove task then delete application.

This is the case you delete application without deleting task.

You can follow that instructions to recover or delete your task.

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

10 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This must help you.

http://community.qlik.com/message/700608#700608

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

I'm not sure - there were never any CALs assigned to that app as it was always intended to run in the background - but I'll try that anyway and see where I get with it.

Thanks a lot!

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

It's not always about Cal allocated.

We have to follow 1 thumb rule.

Remove task associate on this application first, After you remove task then delete application.

This is the case you delete application without deleting task.

You can follow that instructions to recover or delete your task.

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay,

I have done that - placed a test_app in that place and gave it that exact name, then removed the reload_task on it and then removed the file - and now it doesn't show up in the QMC anymore.

I think that did the trick. I'll wait till tomorrow and if I don't get any failure_email anymore, I'll close this thread.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks Ashfaq!

It worked. The ghost task is gone.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Welcome

Not applicable

Hey Guys,

I have an issue which is similar but not the same.

We get an email from the publisher saying a task has failed, even though we cant see/find it in QMC anymore. That task used to exist but we deleted it and renamed the original qvw and gave it a new task name.This one runs fine. But for some reason the old one is still existing some where and is failing everyday as it used to be based on a trigger.

Have you guys come across this scenario? We even checked the DocumentTask.xml and that task doesn't exist there.

Any suggestion would be great.

Thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Make sure you only have one QMC running on your system. If this doesn't correct the issue, please start another thread.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
MahaShakir
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
did you find a solution for this? I have the same issue...the task doesn't exist but still getting the failure email.