cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Column Order - can't change

I have a situation that when I add a column to my straight table it goes on the right side of the expression and no matter what I do I can't move it so it comes before (left to right) the expressions. I am including a screen shot - notice the "Policy Type" comn at the far right and no matter how try to drag it there is nothing I can do!

Any advice?!

Thanks,

Steve

10 Replies
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Open Chart properties and in Expression tab, select your expr "Policy Type" and press Promote button to move this column to left side in your chart

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

that is my problem. "Policy Type" is not an expression. It is a Dimension.

Steve

avinashelite

Hi

Can you please share your app?? or try to drag the expression to the right this should do

PrashantSangle

Hi,

What is issue you are getting if you drag it to left??

just check if you have any hidden expresion.

then unhide them -> then drag Policy Type Dimension to Left

-> then againg hide the expression which you currently unhide it.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
hildacgg
Creator
Creator

Did you find the solution to this? I am having the same problem, I think is because I have too many dimensions. The last one stays at the end..

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

I think my particular issue was I had some hidden expressions. I unhide them,  moved my dimension, then re-hid the expressions.

Zag

Not applicable

is this a straight table or a pivot table?

hildacgg
Creator
Creator

Thank you. That works.

hildacgg
Creator
Creator

Straight. But it works now.