Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues in QlikSense

Hi All,

I am facing below issues in QlikSense

1. Create a table with few columns, Save the sheet. Goto Edit mode and rearrange the columns the table.

Issue : When exporting the data to Excel, it always exports in the original order instead rearranged order

2. Background Image in Text object:

Create a background image in Text object using QlikSense Desktop, deploy this app to QlikSense server along with copying image files into "Content" folder.

Issuse : When this application is published in QMC and opened through QS hub, images are not displayed

3. Could not align dimension columns values to Left / Right

4. If a Measure column having numbers with decimal's and when exported this data to excel, Values are showing with a error symbol and it shows a messages like "Convert to number". Hope this should not be coming in excel.

Please advise if there is any workaround or plan to fix to these issues.

Still exploring QlikSense to get it working as expected.

Thank you

Chenna

9 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Chenna - are you a customer / partner or running a trial of Qlik Sense Server?

If you are a customer or partner I suggest you open a ticket with Qlik Support. If you are trying out server, do you have an account manager / pre-sales engineer to work with? If so, I suggest you content them immediately. I will inform the manager on my end to make sure you get the best support possible.

BTW - In Regards to #2 - I believe you need to import / upload your images to the default content repository using the QMC, not just copy the files to the content folder. Once the images are uploaded - the should resolve.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Recently I have registered for Partner login and till now I haven't received the login details(attached screenshot). Once I get the details definitely I will do that.(Today I have sent an email for status)

Regards to #2 -> Background Image in Text object: Yes, I have also tested with importing the images into QMC -> Content in Server. but the problem remains same.

Qlik Partner request.PNG

Thank  you

Regards,

Chenna

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK great to hear - I would give them a few days, if you don't hear anything in the next day or so, let me know and I will reach out to the team directly.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Regarding Partner portal login request, still I did not here anything from partner support team.

Can you please help on this.

Regards,

Chenna

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Chenna - I have inquired.

Stand by

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Is there any timeline on by when I can get an update on this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Chenna

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Chenna - I have seen the inquiry for the communication to the appropriate people, so I assume you should hear something today.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the update and now I am able to login to partner portal.

Regards,

Chenna

Not applicable
Author

Chenna,

I'm having similar column reordering issues. My observation is that columns containing Measure values always appear to the right side of the spreadsheet while the columns containing Dimension values appear in the left side of the spreadsheet. I am able to reorder the Dimension columns within the group of Dimension columns and am able to reorder the Measure columns within the group of Measure columns and the Export to Excel reflects the reordering, but when a Measure column is reordered to a position within the group of Dimension columns the Export to Excel fails to follow the new ordering. It keeps the Measure column within the group of Measure columns. A work-a-round to this may be to perform aggregation with the Load script, creating a Dimension rather than a Measure.