Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ranking in a Textbox

Hello

i curretnly have a chart the Dimension I have used is Opendatemonth, the expression is Count(distinct incidentid). this gives me a count of incidents in each month.

I wish to write a comment below this table stating :

the highest volume of incidents this year were in '....'

Where '...' is the month form the field opendatemonth with the higheest count of incidentids.

Can anyone help please?

Jon

8 Replies
shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Jon,

I think you can use the Chart Title for this purpose, if you are not using it. When your chart is active just press [CTRL] + [SHIFT] then you can move/ re-size the sub objects of chart. You can use the chart title for this purpose.

Make sure in your "chart properties---> General Tab--- > Show Title in Chart" should be checked.

Regards,
Shumail Hussain

Not applicable
Author

Hello

Sorry i need to do this in a separate text box. And need sto be active (i.e change for diofferent selection criteria0.

jon

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Attached is a workaround solution to your query ...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

A little add-on to Umang Jain's document. If you change the straight table to a bar chart for example you can add the following expression under Chart Properties > Presentation > Text in chart, to have it as text in the chart:

='Month with highest sales: ' & maxstring(aggr(if(rank(sum(Sale))=1, Month),Month))

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks Johannes, I never tried "Text in chart" before. Gud 1 Beer

Best part is this option is very comprehensive we can define the angle, alignment etc. Yes

Regards,
Shumail Hussain

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes - you taught me something new today thanks ..... 🙂

However a small query ... when I try an use this feature only a part of the text is visible and the remaining stays hidden .... am I missing something here ..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jain,

If i understood your question properly, you can activate your chart by clicking on chart and just press [CTRL] + [SHIFT] then you can move/ re-size the "Text in chart".

- Kevin

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kevin ... Big Smile