Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove table from memory without refresh

Is it possible to remove a table from memory without modifying the load script & refreshing data? The reason I ask is that the application is loaded in laptop memory, however one huge table is causing memory issues & no data shows up. I want to remove this big table so that the rest of the application works. I am on the road & do not have the connectivity to the database & hence modify script / refresh data is not an option.

Any help?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Can you modify the script and do a Partial Reload? If you add the following to your script:

REPLACE DROP TABLE BigTable;

Make sure that is the only command with the REPLACE prefix. Then do a Partial Reload. On a Partial Reload, only commands with the REPLACE prefix will run. I did some testing on the app I'm working on and it seemed to work fine. I would make a duplicate copy of the file before you try it, just in case.

Another option is Reduce Data, but I don't know if it would be possible to get rid of just one table using that method.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you modify the script and do a Partial Reload? If you add the following to your script:

REPLACE DROP TABLE BigTable;

Make sure that is the only command with the REPLACE prefix. Then do a Partial Reload. On a Partial Reload, only commands with the REPLACE prefix will run. I did some testing on the app I'm working on and it seemed to work fine. I would make a duplicate copy of the file before you try it, just in case.

Another option is Reduce Data, but I don't know if it would be possible to get rid of just one table using that method.

rlp
Creator
Creator

Be careful:

You should write REPLACE ONLY so that the table will not be dropped during standard load...