Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Wearables, Fitness, and Wellness Programs/Challenges - Want to Collaborate?

When Qlik Sense was released last Fall, I created a Fitness Challenge app that tracked a group of participants for a few weeks. It was a fun project, exercise-wise and app-crafting-wise. We used Nike+ FuelBands to monitor activity (fuel points), calories, and steps. Encouragement throughout the short program gave updates on current standings and tips were provided to up your steps.

nike_fuel_competition.png

I can provide a demo to anyone that is interested.

Recently, Qlik embarked on a Global Fitness Challenge with all employees getting Fitbit devices as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program. (Side note: each employee has also pledged to donate at least $10 to HOPEHIV, a wonderful charity that supports kids who have been given the toughest of tough starts.) This will be a large dataset tracking months of activity for over 1500 individuals.

I would like to collaborate with more organizations in exploring solutions around Fitness and Wellness Programs, which likely you all are starting to get involved in. Are you building any apps around these or other devices?: Fitbit, Pebble, Jawbone Up, Nike+ Fuelband, Apple Watch, Garmin, Misfit, Basis, Moov, TomTom, Withings, iPhone, Fitbug, Samsung. Did I miss any?

Are you looking at your Patient Reported Outcomes data that is fed back into your EHR from these devices (and things like Apple's HealthKit integrations with Epic for MyChart or Cerner's HealthyNow)? Or are you looking at your company's wellness program data like we're doing at Qlik?

Happy to collaborate! Now, get out there and MOVE!

- Joe Warbington
Qlik Healthcare

4 Replies
Not applicable

What a GREAT idea.

I'm all about my Fit Bit. And my hospital has all sorts of Wellness initiatives that I think would be dramatically enhanced if people could see results graphically. Nothing like some "healthy" competition.

Let me know how I can jump on board.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd love to collaborate.  Our employees all received FitBits as a Christmas gift last year, and there are many different challenges underway by teams across the group (e.g. one team is "walking to Cancun by Cinco de Mayo").  We have not started investigating how to pull this data into QlikView, but people would love to have it.  If there is something out there that will jump start this process, I'd be happy to pilot it here.

Not applicable

Hi,

I would be interested in a Demo of the app. My workplace does not have this kind of initiative, but it would be interesting to know more about analytic on fitness.

Not applicable

That is pretty cool for putting it together for a test group!  I'd love to hear more about your Wellness Challenge.  Our company, movecoach, creates communities for companies, to help socialize the experience.  Our automated, adaptive coaching program takes any employee of any fitness level and creates personalized training plans for walk, run, swim, bike and classed based activities.  We pull information from Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, Strava, Nike, Runkeeper, and our own custom apps we build for clients.  Think the Qlik Moves employee fitness app!  It would be fun to get your perspective and hear about your current challenge!

Here is an actual client leaderboard, scrubbed of course.  Three months in and we are coaching employees to their goal of 1 Million Miles for the year. (Feb - Jan)

qlik leaderboard.png