cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create this pivot ?

Hello,

I am trying to create the following pivot

Basically, there is a period selector which is used to Select Jan - 15, and the bands on the left (in red) are the aging bands.

I want to represent that there are 73 people who were in the band 11 - 20 in jan-15 moved to 0 - 10 in Feb-15 and 82 in 0 - 10 in mar - 15

I am trying to show if there is a pattern in movement between bands across periods

pivot sample.png

Is this even possible ?

Please advise.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Here you go, got it to work (PFA)

Thanks to Alternate state in calculated dimension - Set analysis

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

40 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Without looking your data it's difficult to give you answer. Can you provide some sample dummy data in excel file to work?

hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

As Manish said, dummy data required for the related suggestion and discussion.

As per my understandability of the scenario, it is possible to do it with class() function, which will creates regular buckets like 1-10,11-20...etc, use count() function along with that for counting the number of values which fall under that bucket.

The fallowing thread may help you... Lavanyar

Function CLASS

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I have already created the buckets using class.

The problem I have is to display the buckets (same dimension) as two different dimensions across the pivot.

Attached is sample data and what I wish to achieve is on the right side tabulated form.

I cannot share the actual data as its sensitive information.

sunny_talwar

Is this close to what you wanted? PFA

Chart_158768.PNG

Best,

Sunny

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

My version of it

By the way this could be an excellent candiate for a Scatter Chart / Bubble Chart visualization too...2015-04-02 Age Bucket Plot Count #1.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hello Sunny,

Thank you very much for the idea. Yes this is close.

But in my case, I am creating the buckets on the fly by taking a user input so I cannot replicate the Month or the Bucket dimension in the table.

Also, the case above the user input for month was fixed to 201501 but in the application it will be based on a list box selection. So they can choose 201502 and I should show all remaining months i.e. 201501 and 201503 .

I was trying to create a pivot table with two dimensions (of different alternate states) but that doesn't seem to work

sunny_talwar

Your second concern can definitely be addressed. Instead of using static value for the if statement I can use variables which are driven by the user's selection in list box.

To your 1st point. What bucket is user's input?

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

Please find another version which is dynamic for user selection on the Bill Month. PFA

Chart_158768.PNG

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Well, both of them are age buckets which are derived from the same field in the table - aging days.

So, essentially its a bucket created with a class function

class(sum(aging_days),v_age_bucket)  where v_age_bucket is from an input box.