cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create this pivot ?

Hello,

I am trying to create the following pivot

Basically, there is a period selector which is used to Select Jan - 15, and the bands on the left (in red) are the aging bands.

I want to represent that there are 73 people who were in the band 11 - 20 in jan-15 moved to 0 - 10 in Feb-15 and 82 in 0 - 10 in mar - 15

I am trying to show if there is a pattern in movement between bands across periods

pivot sample.png

Is this even possible ?

Please advise.

Thanks

40 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Petter,

Yes you are right, the ultimate objective is to present this as a scatter chart - but unfortunately I cant even get the pivot to work

sunny_talwar

In that case you can use a value list function for dimension. I think that will suit your needs perfectly. Get user input, create  dimension values in a variable and use that within the value list function.

If you can give me a sample input to work with, I might be able to produce something for you. What I am unsure is how does SUB_ID gets linked to the user input? So a sample would be able to help here.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Let me try and scramble data and send it - may take while

Meanwhile, ValueList cannot be used over an aggr function I suppose ?

My actual code to get the Buckets is below - v_mou_int is the user input variable

Aggr(Class(sum({Orig_Days),v_mou_int,'min'),month_year,CO_ID,Service)

sunny_talwar

I am thinking of using the Aggr in the variable which creates a static list of values for the ValueList function. I think what you are referring to is that Aggr (as an expression) doesn't work with the ValueList function which is definitely true.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

Take your time, I am in no hurry today 😉

Not applicable
Author

Here is the sample data.

Basically, I have the table which I have chosen 1 sub Id and put them in different buckets in the various months.

So what I would like to achieve is what I described above.

I am going to try using the variable for aggr expression and use that in ValueList now..

sunny_talwar

I am going to try the same thing at my end...

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

Understanding the data would take some time, but I kind of understood what you wanted here. Not sure if you really need ValueList in your case. See if this new updated sample makes sense for you.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

I understand the way to create the dynamic buckets by creating two dimensions - but the month still seems to elude me

How about I create two list boxes with alternate states and use them ?

EDIT: Just realized you have already done this

sunny_talwar

So have we reached the final answer yet??? Not sure if we have or do we still need to work on it

Best,

Sunny