Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create QVD with a CSV file, XLSX (Créer un QVD avec un fichier CSV, XLSX)

Hello,

I front a rather annoying problem because many post talks about the STORE command. Me as soon as I want to use this control I have this problem: ODBC connection failed

My script is linked with an FTP to get CSV files, XLSX to turn them into QVD:

XLSX:

LOAD

*;

SQL SELECT

FROM [ftp: // AAA: VVV@11.111.11.111/DV/nom_du_fichier.csv] (txt, codepage is 1252 embedded labels, delimiter is ';', no quotes)

* FROM STORE XLSX.qvd into XLSX (qvd);

If anyone can enlighten me on this.

Best Regards

Translated with Google Translate - Qlik Community Administrative Team

Bonjour,

Je devant un problème assez ennuyant car, beaucoup post parle de la commande STORE. Moi dès que je veux utilise cette commande j'ai ce problème : ODBC connection failed

Mon script est lier avec un FTP pour prendre les fichiers CSV, XLSX pour les transformer en QVD:

XLSX:

LOAD

*;

SQL SELECT

FROM [ftp://AAA:VVV@11.111.11.111/DV/nom_du_fichier.csv] (txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ';', no quotes);

STORE * FROM XLSX into XLSX.qvd(qvd);

Si quelqu'un peut m'éclaircir sur ce sujet.

Cordialement

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Translation (by Google Translate):

Hello,

I before a pretty annoying problem because many post talks about the STORE command. Me as soon as I want to use this command I have this problem: ODBC connection failed

My script is using an FTP link to take the CSV, XLSX to turn them into QVD:

XLSX:

LOAD   *;

SQL SELECT   *

FROM [ftp: // AAA: VVV@11.111.11.111/DV/nom_du_fichier.csv] (txt, codepageis1252embeddedlabels, delimiter is';',no quotes);

Does the LOAD go correct? I doubt it as it seems like you added an SQL statement while trying to load a CSV file. That is the reason you are getting an error.

Your script should probably look like this:

XLSX:

LOAD   *

FROM [ftp: // AAA: VVV@11.111.11.111/DV/nom_du_fichier.csv] (txt, codepageis1252embeddedlabels, delimiter is';',no quotes);

After that you want to store that file into a QVD file. To do so, add this line of script:

STORE XLSX into xlsx.qvd;

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Translation (by Google Translate):

Hello,

I before a pretty annoying problem because many post talks about the STORE command. Me as soon as I want to use this command I have this problem: ODBC connection failed

My script is using an FTP link to take the CSV, XLSX to turn them into QVD:

XLSX:

LOAD   *;

SQL SELECT   *

Does the LOAD go correct? I doubt it as it seems like you added an SQL statement while trying to load a CSV file. That is the reason you are getting an error.

Your script should probably look like this:

XLSX:

LOAD   *

After that you want to store that file into a QVD file. To do so, add this line of script:

STORE XLSX into xlsx.qvd;

May you live in interesting times!