Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

The qvw has been made by an other user from Qlikview Personal Edition

I have installed QlikView 11 personal edition on my home system. I have created few QVW files and saved them om my hard disk and everything went well until I have tried to re-opened the same files. I can't re-open the files.

Strange, under the properties I see, I made the qvw today, but I changed it yesterday?

Who can help?

prop.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III

As per my view,

You are saved it in the remote system, so QV will treat that as that mechines data. now you are opening that file using your local system ... so it wont be, untill you get licence or if you have few other file opening attempts in your QV.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

QlikView Personal Edition can only open files created using that particular copy of QlikView. This means, with QlikView Personal Edition you cannot use your QlikView documents on different com- puters, you cannot share your QlikView documents with another unregistered user, or open a Qlik- View document from another user (exempted are documents specially prepared for personal use by QlikTech). However, documents created in QlikView Personal Edition can be used with a licensed copy of QlikView desktop and they can also be published on a QlikView Server.

l You cannot import an entire document layout (sheets/objects/security settings, etc. in XML format, without the data) into QlikView Personal Edition.

Should you change computers, you will not be able to open your previously created documents with Qlik- View Personal Edition. In this case, you can choose to recover your files. Recovering files means a new user key is generated, assigned to the old document and used for all subsequent files, not only for that particular file. After recovering a file, you can no longer use it on the computer that you created it in.

QlikView will accept 4 user key changes in a document. After that, you will get the error message “Key length has reached its maximum” and the document will not open any more. The only possibility is to rec- reate it from scratch.

Therefore, you should not recover QlikView documents that you did not create (from a forum or from a col- league, etc.). Doing so will use one of your remaining recovery attempts.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Are you opening the file on the same Computer/laptop?  If the machine is different then you will get this error since you are using personal edition.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

It is the same pc, but it seems this pc gets a new ip-address from our network; when I start this pc on an other new day

hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III

As per my view,

You are saved it in the remote system, so QV will treat that as that mechines data. now you are opening that file using your local system ... so it wont be, untill you get licence or if you have few other file opening attempts in your QV.