Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extensions slow performance with huge data set

I've created a tree view extension in qV11 but it takes lot of time to load the data and render while table view with the same data set works fast . Can somebody explain the data loading and filtering process for extensions and how is it different from table view ? How can we achieve faster data loading with extensions ?

9 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

A significant difference is that for QV objects the data remains on the server, and only visible data is transferred to the client. In an extension, any data required by the extension is transferred to the client to act upon.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob for your response.Do you have any suggestion to enhance the performance while working with extensions? Is there a way to have some pagination kind of stuffs which will load only part of the data at a time?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't have any specific advice in this area, although other may. Have you looked at qlik.branch.com for something similar to what you are doing

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

No, I still haven't explored branch. Will try to see if I can get something similar there  .Thank you.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Yes, in the definition.xml file (or via script) you set a PageHeight property.
This define how "high" or how many rows per page of data you receive. The higher the value the more rows the server has to send to the client.

Our standard table object for example will load data incrementally as you scroll through the data.
How a look at the documentation for the PageObject JsDoc Reference - Qv.Document.Object.Data.PageObject

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

This is a also a sample on how to achieve paging in the UI

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Alexander..it should be really helpful .Will try this out . Actually I need to implement pagination for the D3 Collapsible tree view. Where, I want initially to show only 10 children for a particular node with a link which will display the other nodes in the size of 10 .

-Kunal

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hmm, that might be a bit harder as you can't really query a sub-set like that.
But if it's a fixed multiplier of 10 I guess you could match the initial page height with nodes X 10

Not applicable
Author

Yes, that's what I was also thinking.