Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Here is good example and use of Partial Reload

Hi,

Here is good example and use of Partial Reload:

Save Time and Patience with Partial Reloads in QlikView Get Business Intelligence Software

In the past, you may have added an “Exit Script” statement in your script editor to load only a few tables, or you may have commented out tables you didn’t want to load.

Fortunately, there is a faster way that lets you add or replace new tables without reloading the whole script. You can pick and choose the tables you want to reload while still keeping other tables in memory. On the bottom of the File menu you may have noticed the Partial Reload option. This is how it’s used:

1.  There are 2 script statements that are used for Partial Reloads. “Add” and “Replace”

• ADD – Adds an additional table without reloading the entire script. If the table already exists, rows from this run will be appended.
  • REPLACE – Replaces a table without reloading the entire script.

2.  The three examples below show the difference in loading tables.

Table1:

LOAD
SalesPerson,
Territory,
Amount
FROM
[sales.qvd] (qvd);

Table2:

ADD LOAD
SalesPerson,
Territory,
Amount
FROM
[sales.qvd] (qvd);

Table3:

REPLACE LOAD
SalesPerson,
Territory,
Amount
FROM
[sales.qvd] (qvd);

3.  In the script editor, use the “Add” or “Replace” statement before the LOAD Statement.

4.  Save and close the script editor

5. Go to the File menu and Select “Partial Reload”

Now the only table(s) that are reloaded will be the ones with a “Add” or “Replace” statement. Happy QlikView learning!

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I appreciate your quick response.

I am facing issue when I try to do Partial reload from server (After Publish) using a Partial Reload Button (Action).

https://community.qlik.com/thread/159199