Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Forbid access to Data Load Editor

Hi,

How do I forbid certain users from accessing Sense Data Load Editor? I want them to still create apps by duplicating another app which has a data model.

Thanks,

Amir.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Amir,

"Owner" security rule is read only, so it would be difficult to change the behavior. But, you might be able to consider to create "Developer", "Contributor" and "Consumer" user types explained on p.90 in the following document.

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/pdf/Managing%20a%20Qlik%20Sense%20Site.pdf

In this way, developers can create and update an app, and contributors can add their own sheets using the existing data mode to the app. The contributor cannot duplicate apps as you mentioned, but I thought this could be an alternative option.

Masaki

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Amir,

If you grant a user only with "read" right to an unpublished app by security rules on QMC, the user can access to the app on Hub > My works, but without being able to open Data Load Editor.

Once the user duplicate the app on QMC, the new app is owned by the user. The read only security rule named "Owner" allows app owner to perform all actions on owned unpublished apps, the user can now modify apps including the data model.

Masaki

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Masaki. What I need is: Users should not have view access to Data Load Script even in their own apps. So they shouldn't be able to change the data model for any apps, rather just use the pre-built data model fields into their charts. Thanks.

Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Amir,

"Owner" security rule is read only, so it would be difficult to change the behavior. But, you might be able to consider to create "Developer", "Contributor" and "Consumer" user types explained on p.90 in the following document.

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/pdf/Managing%20a%20Qlik%20Sense%20Site.pdf

In this way, developers can create and update an app, and contributors can add their own sheets using the existing data mode to the app. The contributor cannot duplicate apps as you mentioned, but I thought this could be an alternative option.

Masaki